Welcome to The Arts Council of South Wood County
Thank you for checking out our website. This is the place where you can find out all about our upcoming performances.
I’m still spinning from two fantastic performances during the month of March…what a way to end our season!! Between TAKE3 and Chris Kroeze, I don’t know which was more fun! So much talent brought to our beautiful Performing Arts Center this past season that it makes me just a little sad…until I look at what we have in store for 2023/2024!! Here’s what we’ve got on the menu:
- October 12, 2023 – Shaun Johnson & The Big Band Experience will treat you to swing with a contemporary punch! (Tickets: $44 Adults | $10 Students)
- November 2, 2023 – The Gatlin Brothers are back with some country and gospel tunes. (Tickets: $54 Adults | $10 Students) – We’ve added a meal to this performance to offer “dinner and a show.” Find all the details on the Gatlin Brothers page under “Upcoming Events”!
- December 14, 2023 – Terry Lee Goffee: A Johnny Cash Christmas is described as “one of the best tribute acts in the country.” (Tickets: $39 Adults | $10 Students)
- January 25, 2024 – I AM KING: The Michael Jackson Experience takes audiences on a musical and visual journey into the world of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. (Tickets: $44 Adults | $10 Students)
- February 8, 2024 – Uptown will entertain us with Motown/soul classics that include some amazing choreography and energy galore. (Tickets: $39 Adults | $10 Students)
- March 7, 2024 – How Sweet It Is, Steve Leslie’s tribute to James Taylor, is an authentic and spellbinding concert event with an incredible catalog of songs. (Tickets: $44 Adults | $10 Students)
- March 10, 2024 – Always Olivia, An Olivia Newton-John tribute, covers five decades of music made popular by this icon. It will include a fundraiser for the Aspirus Women’s Cancer Patient Fund to help local women with cancer navigate their difficult situations. (Tickets: $44 Adults | $10 Students – Note that $3 of the Adult ticket price will be donated directly to the Aspirus Women’s Cancer Patient Fund.)
- April 4, 2024 – The Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis Tribute captures the very essence of these two actors and covers music, comedy, and skits. (Tickets $49 Adults | $10 Students)
Season ticket sales begin July 24, with single tickets available August 14. With eight shows in our lineup, we’re structuring the season ticket discounts a little differently this year, to make this great entertainment even more affordable! PLUS, the only “fee” we add to your total purchase is sales tax–no surprises with hidden fees when it comes to checking out!
- 5% discount for 4 shows
- 10% discount for 5 shows
- 15% discount for 6 or 7 shows
- 20% discount for 8 shows
And the GREAT NEWS just keeps coming!!! KIDS from Wisconsin is back at the Performing Arts Center on Monday, July 10, at 7:00 p.m., so mark your calendars! In their 55th season, this show is definitely one you won’t want to miss, and the theme is “Star Struck.” Our local “KID” is in his second year with the troupe. Tickets are $17 (includes tax) and are available May 1. Come out and support Lou Xiong, a graduate of Lincoln High School who is currently attending UW-Stevens Point. A Realize Your Dream outreach will be held that afternoon at 4:00 p.m., so if you know students ages 7-14 who might be interested in attending the one-hour workshop, please let us know. But wait–there’s more!! KFW has also teamed up with Feeding Wisconsin and will be conducting a food drive for our local food pantry, FOCUS. Donations may be dropped off between noon and 7:00 p.m. July 10 in the Lincoln High School parking lot–look for the bus and truck in the northwest parking area in front of the school–or in the lobby before the performance.
Show sponsorship plays a huge part in our ability to continue to offer performances and outreaches. The Arts Council is beginning to recruit sponsors for next season. If you are interested in hearing more about sponsorship, please contact me (call 715.421.4552 or email Director@SavorTheArts.org). In addition to monetary sponsorships, we’ve worked out some unique in-kind sponsorships as well. We’d love to collaborate with you as we finalize support for the season. Ads and donations are also greatly appreciated!
The businesses listed below provided sponsorships for the 22/23 season, and we are so appreciative of their support:
- Bruns & Sons Auto
- Cobblestone Hotel & Suites
- Eron & Gee Herman’s Plumbing
- Gray’s Service
- Haertel Monuments
- Herman-Taylor Funeral Home
- Incourage (in support of outreach opportunities)
- Kwik Trip
- Mead Witter Foundation (in support of outreach opportunities)
- Muzzy Broadcasting (Stations WSPT, WPCN, and WPTW)
- NRG Media (Stations WYTE and WHTO)
- Point & Plover Publication
- Quality Plus Printing
- Ritchay Funeral Home
- Stifel | The Lang-Koss Wealth Management Team
- Tammie’s Furniture & Mattress Gallery
- Team Schierl Companies
- Wisconsin Rapids City Times
- WFHR/WIRI Radio Stations
I love what Aretha Franklin said: “Music does a lot of things for a lot of people. It’s transporting, for sure. It can take you right back, years back, to the very moment certain things happened in your life. It’s uplifting, it’s encouraging, it’s strengthening!”
Can’t wait to see you at the PAC!
Sally Kissner | Executive Director