Welcome to the Arts Council of South Wood County
Thank you for checking out our web site! This is the place where you can find out all about our performances. While you’re visiting our site, you can also get tickets to the Lincoln High School productions that are presented throughout the school year. We have partnered with their theatre department for ticket sales, and you can get yours here for all of their shows. When you purchase tickets online, you may print them at home or request to either have us mail them to you for no additional cost, or hold them for you at the Will Call table for pick-up the day of the performance. If you prefer to buy in person or by phone, contact the Arts Council during regular office hours.
GREAT NEWS!!! We are thrilled to be moving forward with our 2020/2021 season! Please understand, however, that performances are subject to cancellation/rescheduling. Rest assured that you will be treated fairly and given an opportunity to choose from several options if you’ve purchased a ticket for one of those performances. Think of it as “ticket insurance” without paying a premium!
While we are doing what we can to keep our patrons, performers, volunteers, and staff safe, we want to stress that we must be responsible together. We appreciate your cooperation in following our guidelines, which are subject to change as we move closer to our season. Here are some safety precautions we are taking:
- HVAC controls have been adjusted to increase airflow in occupied areas.
- Masks are required to be worn by patrons, volunteers, and staff and are available for those who may not have one.
- Separate entrances and exits are designated to the theater.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are readily available.
- Frequent disinfecting is being done in restrooms, the lobby, back stage, and the theater, particularly in high-touch areas.
- “One-way” restrooms will have separate entries and exits.
- Advance ticket sales are required–the box office will be closed.
- Intermissions may be eliminated to discourage socializing.
- Meet-and-greets will be eliminated this season.
- The Mezzanine section is a designated area for those who prefer social distancing.
- Water bottles will be allowed in the theater.
- Programs will be distributed on a self-serve basis.
- Tickets will not be collected at the door but will be checked.
There is something for everyone in the upcoming season, including our student population, who will now be able to attend performances for only $10! Check out the individual pages for each of our performers. Season ticket sales will begin July 27, followed by individual ticket sales on August 24. In the meantime, here’s a taste of what’s coming up:
- MOVING TO FALL 2021: Artrageous – www.artrageousexperience.com
- Lorrie Morgan (Thursday, October 15, 2020) – www.lorrie.com
- The Hit Men (Friday, November 13, 2020) – www.thehitmenlive.com
- Christmas With The Nelsons (Thursday, December 10, 2020) – www.matthewandgunnarnelson.com/christmas-with-the-nelsons/
- The Greatest Love of All (Thursday, January 28, 2021) – www.thegreatestloveofallshow.com/
- B2wins: Beyond Music (Thursday, February 11, 2021) – www.brazilian2wins.com
- 7 Bridges Band: The Ultimate Eagles Experience (Thursday, March 4, 2021) – www.7bridgesband.com
We were originally planning on having a FREE bonus performance by the U.S. Navy Band Commodores Jazz Ensemble; however, they have cancelled their Midwest tour. They promised us that when they resume travel in this area, they will contact us to reschedule, so stay tuned!
We are so thankful for our show sponsors! Please show you appreciate them as well by supporting these businesses:
- B-104.9 Radio Station
- Cobblestone Hotel & Suites
- Connexus (Bull’s Eye Legacy Fund)
- Eron & Gee Herman’s Plumbing
- Haertel Monuments
- Herman-Taylor Funeral Home
- Quality Plus Printing
- Ritchay Funeral Home
- Riverhill Dental
- Stifel (Terry Lang)
- WGLX Radio Station
- Wisconsin Rapids City Times
- WFHR/WLJY Radio Stations
- WPCN/WSPT Radio Stations
- WoodTrust Bank
Louis Armstrong once said, “Music is life itself. What would this world be without good music? No matter what kind it is.” I wholeheartedly agree, particularly in times of uncertainty.
Make this the season to savor the arts, the excitement, the experience–savor our community!
See you at the PAC!
Sally Kissner, Executive Director