Welcome to The Arts Council of South Wood County
Thank you for checking out our web site! This is the place where you can find out all about our upcoming performances.
WE’RE BACK!!! We couldn’t be more thrilled to begin our 45th season after this past unsettling year. It feels like a new beginning, and everyone is invited to partake in the excitement of a wide variety of LIVE performances. As Billy Joel put it: “I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.” It feels great to be back on that track again.
Season ticket sales begin on Monday, July 26, followed by individual ticket sales on August 16. A seven-show package is only $275.30 (tax included), averaging just over $39 per performance. By purchasing a six- or seven-show ticket package, you save 15%; five-show ticket packages get a 10% discount; and four-show ticket packages enjoy 5% off. When a group purchases 10 tickets to one performance in a single transaction, a 15% discount is applied. Student tickets for all performances are only $10 and must be purchased through The Arts Council office. Remember that gift certificates issued as “refunds” may be used for any of our season performances, not just the one for which you originally purchased your ticket. Your credit is in your patron account, waiting for you to redeem it.
Here is a list of performances included in our 2021-2022 season lineup. Note that we’ve also added a brand-new performance to the mix, just to make the season even more exciting!
- October 21, 2021 – David Victor formerly of BOSTON: The Hits of Boston & Styx
- November 12, 2021 – The Hit Men
- December 9, 2021 – Christmas With The Nelsons
- February 3, 2022 – The Greatest Love of All: A Tribute to Whitney Houston
- February 24, 2022 – B2wins: Beyond Music
- March 18, 2022 – 7 Bridges Band: The Ultimate Eagles Experience
- April 2, 2022 – Steve Lippia in Simply Swingin’ with Sinatra & Friends, featuring the Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra
There will likely be some safety precautions that will be in place, and we will share those as we get a little closer to our season. Thank you for complying with our requests so we can keep everyone healthy.
We are so thankful for our show sponsors! Please show you appreciate them as well by supporting these businesses:
- B-104.9 Radio Station
- Bruns & Sons Auto
- Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra
- Cobblestone Hotel & Suites
- Connexus (promoting Bull’s Eye Legacy)
- Eron & Gee Herman’s Plumbing
- Gray’s Service
- Haertel Monuments
- Herman-Taylor Funeral Home
- Kellner Klub
- Quality Plus Printing
- Ritchay Funeral Home
- Riverhill Dental
- Stifel: The Lang-Koss Wealth Management Team
- WGLX Radio Station
- Wisconsin Rapids City Times
- WFHR/WIRI Radio Stations
- WPCN/WSPT Radio Stations
- WoodTrust Bank
Plato said, “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything.” Who’s ready for some music?!
Can’t wait to see you at the PAC!
Sally Kissner, Executive Director