Welcome to The Arts Council of South Wood County
Thank you for checking out our web site. This is the place where you can find out all about our upcoming performances.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! The Arts Council is hoping that 2022 will bring with it some peace and a little bit of normalcy. We welcome you back to live performances as our part in achieving this goal. As Billy Joel put it: “I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.” Let’s get back on that track again.
Something to keep in mind…when a group purchases 10 tickets to one performance in a single transaction, a 15% discount is applied. Student tickets for all performances are only $10 and must be purchased directly through The Arts Council office. Remember that gift certificates issued as “refunds” may be used for any of our season performances, not just the one for which you originally purchased your ticket. Your credit is in your patron account, waiting for you to redeem it.
Here is a list of performances remaining in our 2021-2022 season lineup. We just signed a contract with the U.S. Navy Band, and they are taking the stage at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 6! Tickets are FREE but are reserved. They are available NOW. We ask that anyone securing a ticket make sure that it is used. Should something come up that does not allow you to attend, please either give it to a friend to use or return it to The Arts Council.
- February 3, 2022 – The Greatest Love of All: A Tribute to Whitney Houston
February 24, 2022 – B2wins: Beyond Music (includes a full-day outreach with students)This performance has been cancelled. Anyone who purchased tickets will be contacted. March 6, 2022 – U.S. Navy BandThis performance has been cancelled due to a rise in Covid numbers.
- March 18, 2022 – 7 Bridges Band: The Ultimate Eagles Experience
- April 2, 2022 – Steve Lippia in Simply Swingin’ with Sinatra & Friends, featuring the Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra
We do have safety precautions that may change as the season progresses. For now, this is what we are looking at. Thank you for complying with our requests so we can keep everyone healthy.
- HVAC controls have been adjusted to increase airflow in occupied areas.
- In consideration of the close proximity of our audience members to one another, all patrons are strongly encouraged to wear a mask while inside the PAC. Masks will be available for those who did not bring one.
- Frequent disinfecting is being done in restrooms, the lobby, back stage, and the theater, particularly in high-touch areas.
- The box office will be open for last-minute ticket sales and will close 10 minutes before the start of the performance. A plastic shield will be placed at the window.
- Intermissions will be held only if the performer agrees.
- Meet-and-greets will be held at the discretion of each performing group. Anyone participating should be masked.
- Water bottles will be allowed in the theater, as drinking fountains are disabled.
- Programs will be distributed on a self-serve basis.
- Tickets will not be collected at the door but will be checked upon entry to the theater.
We are so thankful for our show sponsors! Please show you appreciate them as well by supporting these businesses:
- B-104.9 Radio Station
- Bruns & Sons Auto
- Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra
- Cobblestone Hotel & Suites
- Connexus (promoting Bull’s Eye Legacy)
- Eron & Gee Herman’s Plumbing
- Gray’s Service
- Haertel Monuments
- Herman-Taylor Funeral Home
- Kellner Club
- Quality Plus Printing
- Ritchay Funeral Home
- Riverhill Dental
- Stifel: The Lang-Koss Wealth Management Team
- WGLX Radio Station
- Wisconsin Rapids City Times
- WFHR/WIRI Radio Stations
- WPCN/WSPT Radio Stations
- WoodTrust Bank
Plato said, “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything.” Who’s ready for some music?!
Can’t wait to see you at the PAC!
Sally Kissner, Executive Director