Welcome to the Arts Council of South Wood County
Thank you for checking out our web site! This is the place where you can find out all about our performances. While The Arts Council has attempted to move forward with its season, as suspected, we’ve been forced to reschedule some performances. If you’ve purchased a ticket to one of these shows, you will receive notification by mail of several options and can respond accordingly. Think of it as “ticket insurance” without paying a premium! Remember that gift certificates as “refunds” will expire on 4/15/22, so that will allow you plenty of time to use them.
Following is a list of the rescheduled dates for postponed performances so you can plan ahead:
- May 1, 2021 – Lorrie Morgan (Note: Due to a transition to a new ticketing system, tickets will be available beginning 1/1/2021.)
- September 30, 2021 – Artrageous
- October 21, 2021 – David Victor Presents the Hits of Boston & Styx
- November 12, 2021 – The Hit Men
- February 3, 2022 – The Greatest Love of All
While we are doing what we can to keep our patrons, performers, volunteers, and staff safe, we want to stress that we must be responsible together. We appreciate your cooperation in following our guidelines, which are subject to change. Here are some safety precautions we are currently taking:
- HVAC controls have been adjusted to increase airflow in occupied areas.
- Masks are required to be worn by patrons, volunteers, and staff and are available for those who may not have one.
- Separate entrances and exits are designated to the theater.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are readily available.
- Frequent disinfecting is being done in restrooms, the lobby, back stage, and the theater, particularly in high-touch areas.
- Advance ticket sales are required–the box office will be closed.
- Intermissions may be eliminated to discourage socializing.
- Meet-and-greets will be eliminated this season.
- The Mezzanine section is a designated area for those who prefer social distancing.
- Water bottles will be allowed in the theater.
- Programs will be distributed on a self-serve basis.
- Tickets will not be collected at the door but will be checked.
This season our student population may attend performances for only $10, and any student attending the B2wins outreach on February 11 will receive a FREE ticket to the evening’s performance! Check out the individual pages for each of our remaining performances.
- Christmas With The Nelsons (Thursday, December 10, 2020) – www.matthewandgunnarnelson.com/christmas-with-the-nelsons/
- B2wins: Beyond Music (Thursday, February 11, 2021) – www.brazilian2wins.com
- 7 Bridges Band: The Ultimate Eagles Experience (Thursday, March 4, 2021) – www.7bridgesband.com
- Lorrie Morgan (Saturday, May 1, 2021) – www.lorrie.com
The past few years, The Arts Council has been the ticket hub for LHS productions. The Lincoln High School Theatre Department is working on ways to deliver student performances during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Information about ticket sales this season will be available on the LHS Theatre Department Facebook page as more information is known: https://www.facebook.com/WRLHSTheatreDept
A shout-out to our friends at Point & Plover Publication for an awesome article on The Arts Council in its September issue. Check it out at www.pointandplover.com!
We are so thankful for our show sponsors! Please show you appreciate them as well by supporting these businesses:
- B-104.9 Radio Station
- Cobblestone Hotel & Suites
- Connexus (Bull’s Eye Legacy Fund)
- Eron & Gee Herman’s Plumbing
- Haertel Monuments
- Herman-Taylor Funeral Home
- Quality Plus Printing
- Ritchay Funeral Home
- Riverhill Dental
- Stifel: The Lang-Koss Wealth Management Team
- WGLX Radio Station
- Wisconsin Rapids City Times
- WFHR/WLJY Radio Stations
- WPCN/WSPT Radio Stations
- WoodTrust Bank
Louis Armstrong once said, “Music is life itself. What would this world be without good music? No matter what kind it is.” I wholeheartedly agree, particularly in times of uncertainty.
Make this the season to savor the arts, the excitement, the experience–savor our community!
See you at the PAC!
Sally Kissner, Executive Director