Welcome to the Arts Council of South Wood County
Thank you for checking out our web site! This is the place where you can find out all about our performances. While The Arts Council has attempted to move forward with its season, as suspected, we’ve been forced to reschedule performances. If you’ve purchased a ticket to one of these shows, you should have received notification by mail of several options. Remember that gift certificates issued as “refunds” may be used for any of our season performances, not just the one for which you originally purchased your ticket.
Our new ticketing system is in place. You are now able to purchase tickets for Lorrie Morgan, purchase gift cards, or make a donation. If you prefer to have us help you personally, just call or stop by the office during business hours. Student tickets must be purchased through The Arts Council directly. If you are interested in having seats blocked off around you for social distancing, you also must work through us directly, so please keep that in mind when you place your order.
Following is a list of all rescheduled dates for postponed performances so you can plan ahead:
- May 1, 2021 – Lorrie Morgan
- October 21, 2021 – David Victor Presents the Hits of Boston & Styx
- November 12, 2021 – The Hit Men
- December 9, 2021 – Christmas With The Nelsons
- February 3, 2022 – The Greatest Love of All
- February 24, 2022 – B2wins: Beyond Music
- March 18, 2022 – 7 Bridges Band: The Ultimate Eagles Experience
While we will do what we can to keep our patrons, performers, volunteers, and staff safe, we want to stress that we must be responsible together. We appreciate your cooperation in following our guidelines, which are subject to change. Here are some safety precautions we will be following when we are able to gather:
- HVAC controls have been adjusted to increase airflow in occupied areas.
- Masks are required to be worn by patrons, volunteers, and staff and are available for those who may not have one.
- Separate entrances and exits are designated to the theater.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are readily available.
- Frequent disinfecting is being done in restrooms, the lobby, back stage, and the theater, particularly in high-touch areas.
- Advance ticket sales are required–the box office will be closed.
- Intermissions may be eliminated to discourage socializing.
- Meet-and-greets will be eliminated this season.
- The Mezzanine section is a designated area for those who prefer social distancing.
- Water bottles will be allowed in the theater.
- Programs will be distributed on a self-serve basis.
- Tickets will not be collected at the door but will be checked.
This season our student population may attend performances for only $10. These tickets must be purchased directly through The Arts Council office, either by phone or in person.
Check out the individual link for our remaining performance: Lorrie Morgan
The past few years, The Arts Council has been the ticket hub for LHS productions. The Lincoln High School Theatre Department is working on ways to deliver student performances during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Information about ticket sales this season will be available on the LHS Theatre Department Facebook page as more information is known: LHS Theatre Department
We are so thankful for our show sponsors who have stuck with us during this unpredictable season! Please show you appreciate them as well by supporting these businesses:
- B-104.9 Radio Station
- Cobblestone Hotel & Suites
- Connexus (Bull’s Eye Legacy Fund)
- Eron & Gee Herman’s Plumbing
- Haertel Monuments
- Herman-Taylor Funeral Home
- Quality Plus Printing
- Ritchay Funeral Home
- Riverhill Dental
- Stifel: The Lang-Koss Wealth Management Team
- WGLX Radio Station
- Wisconsin Rapids City Times
- WFHR/WLJY Radio Stations
- WPCN/WSPT Radio Stations
- WoodTrust Bank
Louis Armstrong once said, “Music is life itself. What would this world be without good music? No matter what kind it is.” I wholeheartedly agree, particularly in times of uncertainty.
Make this the time to savor the arts, the excitement, the experience–savor our community!
See you at the PAC…hopefully sooner than later!
Sally Kissner, Executive Director