Welcome to the Arts Council of South Wood County
It’s hard to believe, but we have just wrapped up our 2017-18 season! Thank you to everyone who attending one or all of the performances. We hope you enjoyed the season as much as we did and are now moving on to 2018-19 and all of the details involved in the process.
Before autumn rolls around, however, remember that on July 16, 2018, Kids From Wisconsin will perform at the PAC. This is their 50th anniversary season, and we are proud to be one of the venues at which they will perform. Tickets will go on sale May 1, 2018, through the Arts Council and will be $16 (price includes tax). As in the past several years, their Realize Your Dream outreach will also be held that afternoon. Dozens of students have participated in this workshop previously, learning the ins and outs of performing and providing the technical support necessary to present a show such as this.
The Arts Council Board of Directors is beginning its campaign for next season, looking for potential sponsors, advertisers, and donors. If you know of someone who would like to partner with us, please contact me at the Arts Council.
Sponsorship of performances is a major way that the Arts Council is able to continue providing quality entertainment for our community, whether through monetary or in-kind support. The following 2017-18 season sponsors need to be recognized…some have supported us faithfully through the years, while others are new. Each one is important to us:
- B104.9 FM (Muzzy Broadcasting)
- Mead Witter Foundation, Inc.
- Midwest Communications
- NRG Media
- Quality Plus Printing
- Renaissance Learning
- River Cities Investment Services, Inc.
- Stifel (Terry Lang)
- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
- WAOW Channel 9
- WSAW Channel 7
Please check out the “Supporters and Sponsors of the Arts 2017-2018” page for all of the businesses who have either provided a donation, an ad, or sponsorship. Stop by and support them.
I’m so excited to announce our 2018-2019 season lineup. More details will follow, and a mailing will come out this summer. In the meantime, be sure to check out the web sites listed to appreciate the talent you will witness at each one of these shows. Then get out your calendars and reserve the dates.
- Friday, October 19, 2018 – Farewell Angelina – This all-female country group is comprised of four powerhouse vocalists who are also dynamic songwriters and multi-instrumentalists. Tickets are $38. See www.farewellangelinamusic.com for a sampling.
- Friday, November 16, 2018 – Presidio Brass – Come and meet those dancing feet in this Broadway-themed show, “Presidio…And All That Brass!” Tickets are $38. See www.presidiobrass.com for a sampling.
- Friday, December 14, 2018 – Under the Streetlamp – Get Hip to the Holidays as this Jersey Boys-style group celebrates with a joyous performance that includes holiday tunes plus songs from the American Radio Songbook. Tickets are $49. See www.underthestreetlamp.com for a sampling.
- Friday, January 25, 2019 – Sammy Miller and The Congregation – Grammy(R)-nominated drummer Sammy Miller heads up this group that entertains, enriches, and uplifts you with joyful New Orleans-type jazz. Tickets are $38. See www.sammymillercongregation.com for a sampling.
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 – Church Basement Ladies/Rise Up O Men – Let’s hear it for the boys! This is the latest in the Church Basement Ladies series, and features the men of East Cornucopia Lutheran Church. Tickets are $43. See www.churchbasementladiesonstage.com for a sampling.
- Friday, March 22, 2019 – Stayin’ Alive/A Bee Gees Tribute – This performance captures a full history of the Bee Gees music, for a well-rounded Bee Gees experience. Tickets are $40. See www.stayinalivetribute.com for a sampling.
Due to the success of the dinner associated with Shades of Buble this February, we will also be adding a dinner to one of these shows–more news to come on that!
See you at the PAC…