Welcome to The Arts Council of South Wood County
Thank you for checking out our web site. This is the place where you can find out all about our upcoming performances.
Where is the time going? We’ve got four shows behind us now, with three excellent ones in 2023. This is the time of year when we forget that the sun is even out there somewhere, and we start to get a little antsy hanging around the house all the time. COME ON OUT! We’d love for you to join us for some amazing entertainment:
- February 2, 2023 – Wisconsin Brass Quintet (Includes a student outreach)
- March 9, 2023 – TAKE3 (Includes a student outreach)
- March 24, 2023 – Chris Kroeze
The student outreaches in February and March are both music-related and are directed toward high school students. Please reach out to me if you would like additional information about them. The Arts Council will assist with transportation costs, and the events are free. It is our goal to bring these opportunities to as many youth in the surrounding area as possible!
GREAT NEWS!!! Kids From Wisconsin is coming back to the Performing Arts Center on Monday, July 10, so mark your calendars! More information to come, but please note the date and the fact that we’ll be holding an outreach for students again. We’ve worked hard to find a date that fits, and we just found out about it. In their 55th season, this show is definitely one you won’t want to miss!
Show sponsorship plays a huge part in our ability to continue to offer performances and outreaches. The Arts Council is beginning to recruit sponsors for next season. If you are interested in hearing more about sponsorship, please contact me (call 715.421.4552 or email Director@SavorTheArts.org). In addition to monetary sponsorships, we’ve worked out some unique in-kind sponsorships as well. We’d love to collaborate with you as we finalize support for the season. Ads and donations are also greatly appreciated!
The businesses listed below have committed to sponsorships for the 22/23 season, and we are so appreciative of their support:
- Bruns & Sons Auto
- Cobblestone Hotel & Suites
- Eron & Gee Herman’s Plumbing
- Gray’s Service
- Haertel Monuments
- Herman-Taylor Funeral Home
- Incourage (in support of outreach opportunities)
- Kwik Trip
- Mead Witter Foundation (in support of outreach opportunities)
- Muzzy Broadcasting (Stations WSPT, WPCN, and WPTW)
- NRG Media (Stations WYTE and WHTO)
- Point & Plover Publication
- Quality Plus Printing
- Ritchay Funeral Home
- Stifel | The Lang-Koss Wealth Management Team
- Tammie’s Furniture & Mattress Gallery
- Team Schierl Companies
- Wisconsin Rapids City Times
- WFHR/WIRI Radio Stations
According to Michael Jackson, “Entertainment is about taking people away from their regular order of things when there is some chaos and pain and stress.”
Can’t wait to see you at the PAC!
Sally Kissner | Executive Director