Welcome to the Arts Council of South Wood County
Thank you for checking out our web site! This is the place where you can find out all about our performances. While you’re visiting our site, you can also get tickets to the Lincoln High School productions that are presented throughout the school year. We have partnered with their theatre department for ticket sales, and you can get yours here for all of their shows. When you purchase tickets online, you may print them at home or request to either have us mail them to you for no additional cost, or hold them for you at the Will Call table for pick-up the day of the performance. If you prefer to buy in person or by phone, contact the Arts Council during regular office hours.
Chris Kroeze and his band definitely delivered some entertainment to the crowd on February 6! What a talented and humble group they are. He made me proud to be from Wisconsin!
We have a couple of great shows left in our season. Check them out on their individual pages here. Keep in mind that by purchasing 10 or more tickets for a single performance in one transaction, you will get a 15% discount.
Here’s what’s coming up:
- Thursday, March 5, 2020 – The Tap Pack – $49
- Friday, April 3, 2020 – David Victor – The Hits of Boston & Styx – $46
At the February 6 performance, we announced our 2020/2021 season! We’ve worked hard to make it a season you won’t want to miss…there is something for everyone, including our student population, who will now be able to attend performances for only $10! In the next few weeks, I’ll add individual pages for each of our performers that includes ticket sale information; but in the meantime, here’s a list of what’s coming up next season:
- Artrageous (Thursday, October 1, 2020) – www.artrageousexperience.com
- Lorrie Morgan (Thursday, October 15, 2020) – www.lorrie.com
- The Hit Men (Friday, November 13, 2020) – www.thehitmenlive.com
- Christmas With The Nelsons (Thursday, December 10, 2020) – www.matthewandgunnarnelson.com/christmas-with-the-nelsons/
- The Greatest Love of All: A Whitney Houston Tribute (Thursday, January 28, 2021) – www.thegreatestloveofallshow.com/
- B2wins/Beyond Music (Thursday, February 11, 2021) – www.brazilian2wins.com
- 7 Bridges: An Eagles Tribute (Thursday, March 4, 2021) – www.7bridgesband.com
We are so thankful for our show sponsors! Please show you appreciate them as well by supporting these businesses:
- Connexus (Bull’s Eye Legacy Fund)
- Hotel Mead
- Mead Witter Foundation, Inc.
- Quality Plus Printing
- Renaissance Learning
- Stifel (Terry Lang)
- WGLX Radio Station
- Wisconsin Rapids City Times
- WLJY Radio Station
- WoodTrust Bank
- WSPT Radio Station
Earlier last year, we lost the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin. A quote by her struck a chord with me, and hopefully it does with you, also: “Music does a lot of things for a lot of people. It’s transporting–for sure. It can take you right back–years back–to the very moment certain things happened in your life. It’s uplifting…it’s encouraging…it’s strengthening.”
Thanks so much for attending our performances. We love seeing you fill those seats and enjoying each show, and we hope you are uplifted, encouraged, and strengthened by the music!
See you at the PAC!
Sally Kissner, Executive Director