(Showtime: 7:30 pm)
The KIDS From Wisconsin will Head Out on the Highway with a stop at the Performing Arts Center of Wisconsin Rapids at 7:30 pm on Monday, July 17. Get your motor runnin’ this summer as the Kids take you on a musical journey through America’s famed and greatest music destinations of all time with this year’s tour theme. In this, their 49th season, the KFW will perform for more than 120,000 across Wisconsin and the Midwest, with great entertainment by some of Wisconsin’s most talented performers ages 15-20. The revue is produced in collaboration with some of the best writers, arrangers, and choreographers across the country. The Kids From Wisconsin perform a diverse repertoire of musical entertainment for audiences of all ages, including the American favorites, big band, 50s-80s classics, Motown, country, Broadway, and current top hits, filling a two-hour, fully staged performance. Tickets are $16, and all proceeds will go to the maintenance account to keep the Performing Arts Center functional and beautiful.
KIDS From Wisconsin Facts:
- Performing since 1969, the Kids will kick off their 49th season on June 22, 2017.
- The troupe entertains approximately 120,000 audience members annually.
- They perform at 50-60 different venues around the state and Midwest throughout the summer.
- There are two (2) performances daily at the Wisconsin State Fair.
- The troupe was proclaimed “Wisconsin’s Premiere Musical Ambassadors” by each and every Wisconsin Governor since 1969.
- Auditions are held in February across the state.
- 33 troupe members are selected each year and are between the ages of 15-20.
- There are 13 band members and 22 singer/dancers.
- 1000+ alumni have gone through the KFW since 1969. Many go on to performance or teaching careers. Many notable alumni now perform and work around the world.
- Troupe members travel, perform, and live together all summer.
- The KIDS home base is the Tommy Thompson Youth Dorms at the Wisconsin State Fair.